Sunday, September 4, 2011

Look Back and Forward

So this past week I did really well getting myself out of bed early to run each morning, then go to class and work and still kick my butt to the gym to get in some strength training.   I also almost made it through the entire week with a stellar food diary, but had a stressful day Friday and decided to indulge in a large chocolate chip cookie with my mom.  Which made me realize how much of an emotional eater I am- any extreme negative emotion and I want to eat whatever sweet is in front of me!  It's not the best thing since I want to reach a hardbody, but at least now I know what triggers my sweet binges, so hopefully in the future I can stop this before I start into a cookie or big bowl of ice cream.

Saturday morning I hit a new treadmill record: 17 miles (or about 3 hours)!  It almost cracked me, but I just wanted to get it done and I couldn't believe how proud I was of myself immediately afterwards for mentally sticking with it!  So I decided to treat myself with some protein pancakes..YUM!  Only 5 weeks till Chicago- where did the time go?

Then today I was watching the World Indoor Track and Field Championships.  Those athletes are AMAZING!  I know I will never be at their level, but I hope to put the same passion they have for their sport into my training and running because then I know I can't and won't fail on my journey!

So last week had it's ups and downs, but I can't wait to get this week started with what I've learned:
1.  I'm going to keep getting up to run- I seem to feel better and more energized throughout the day.
2. Pushing myself to the gym at night, no matter how much I can't stand it.  I always feel better afterwards.
3. No letting myself slip with emotional eating or getting off my diet regime, so I am currently making my entire weeks diary of food to keep myself from wandering.
4.  I'm starting Meatless Mondays- to incorporate some variety in my diet- it's going to be much harder than I thought.
5. Remember why I do what I do to keep my passion and motivation up- even after running, classes, and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment