Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THANKSGIVING!!!!!

So I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to my "cleaner" diet.  It's weird how people say you feel better when you eat better AND they're right...haha.  I feel better and I think my body does to.  I feel stronger than ever and fresh because I'm never over-stuffing myself or putting highly processed foods in my body.  Which paid off during my race this past Saturday: The Living History Farms Race.

It's a 7 mile "mud run" through The Living History Farms in Urbandale, IA.  It should really just be categorized as a climb up and down and through creeks, creek beds, and woods.  I had no timer going, walked, and was in costume, BUT it was the MOST fun I've ever had at a race!!!  I loved realizing how strong I have become.  I was able to pull myself up the sides of muddy creek beds that went straight up and up the hills in the woods that most people had to use a rope for, and I didn't have to!  It was AMAZING!!

The finished product!


The "Running Bugs" team!!
The "smallest" creek


Then to add a cherry on top I was able to do 6 pull-ups all by myself with no help of a machine or someone else.  It's not much, but it is a start AND it was after an hour long upper body workout.

I am realizing how true the statement that to see success you have to have faith because nothing comes overnight.  Now, I have to bring this into Thursday's holiday: THANKSGIVING!!! In my family it IS the BEST holiday.  Christmas has NOTHING on my mom's Thanksgiving dinner and desserts.  Everything is made from scratch: from the casseroles, stuffing, and EVEN the pumpkin pie crusts...my mouth is already watering....(Sorry if I made yours too).  But since I do not want to set myself too far back with this I plan on still enjoying my favorite foods, but I plan on portion sizing and really controlling myself.  Filling my plate more with turkey, rather than green bean casserole and fruit "fluff" (cocktail fruit with marshmallows and sour cream).  So, I am not only challenging myself, but I want to challenge anyone else that is reading this to a healthier, controlled holiday.  Who's in with me?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment