Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New Challenges, New Beginnings

Hey readers,

So it has been A WHILE!!  I guess life gets crazy sometimes :)  So what have I been up to since Chicago??

Since Chicago I've been busy with work (I got to go to The Nike Women's Marathon as a staff member for Team in Training.  It was so motivational and reminded me why I love running).

I've also changed up all my workouts and nutrition.  I've added a lot more cardio to my workouts, like burpees, windsprints, etc.  In my nutrition I've cut some carbs, since I'm not running 7+ miles a day, added more protein, and "greened up" my diet.  My trainer has also added weekly "challenges" with my nutrition.  So far I have done 1 gallon of water/day, no bread (doesn't mean no carbs), vegetarian, and this week I have to make 60% of my diet "greens" and the other 40% is to split between protein and carbs.

Now, I'm starting a 90-Day Challenge put out by "Blogilates."  It is a 90-Day Challenge to "clean-up" your diet.  So, today is Day 1!!  Here's to 90 days of eating as little non-processed foods as possible, lots and lots of veggies, and low-fat proteins!  I'll keep you updated on how this goes.  I want to keep myself in check especially with the holidays right around the corner, which means LOADS of homemade foods and pies!

Those are my physical changes and updates, but I've also made other changes.  I'm starting to see my long-term dreams/goals coming true!!  Starting in December I will be a spin instructor!!  I cannot wait to start and I know it will help me get my foot in the door to expand my personal training career, which I hope to start studying in the summer.  Getting this position has really fueled my passion for my future in fitness.

I cannot wait to see the effects of all these changes in my life and helping others change their lives too!!

Til next time (hopefully not as long) and one step closer to a hard body,
Mo

2 comments:

  1. No idea, but Julie and I think he deserves to be BodyGlides spokesperson

    ReplyDelete