Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chitown Marathon!

I DID IT!! Marathon #4 with a PR (4:29:48), not exactly what I wanted, but a PR is still a PR!

The city and race were AMAZING!  I've never been to a race where the ENTIRE city gets involved.  I had people tell me they couldn't wait to watch...and they didn't know any one racing it.  This is the reason I love the running community- people you don't even know are cheering for you and congratulating you!

Although right now I am still skating on my post-race high; that race was probably the hardest race I've ever participated in.  The course was not anything I hand't trained for, but mentally I was not in the game.  I hit my wall at mile 5!  From about mile 5-15 I was constantly making bargains with myself (if I could just make it to the next water/aid station I would stop and then once I got there I told myself okay we're just going to walk through this and wait til the next one).  It clearly showed in my mile times-  my mile times went from 9:44 (what I wanted) all the way to 11:20 (yikes!).  Then I'm not sure what happened but at mile 16 I was like, "Okay only 10 more miles I can do this, this is just a training run."  I finally got into my zone and finished my pace at 9:20.  Although, it was mentally not where I wanted to be I am SO proud of myself of pushing through that and finishing!!

Now this week I haven't done much of anything besides eating healthy and yoga, so that my body can fully repair itself, since this will be the first time in 4 years I don't have another marathon coming up.

Next week I'll be starting my new diet and new workout regime- more of that to come!



Til next time and one step closer to a hard body,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment