Sunday, February 5, 2012

Finding your "fit"

This past week I challenged myself to eat more different types of vegetables and fruit.  I have to say I LOVED it!!  It was amazing discovering new types of foods I hadn't tried before because they intimidated me, like kiwi, grapefruit, and spaghetti squash.  My new obsessions coincidently are kiwi, grapefruit, and spaghetti squash!  In keeping with this new love of fruit and vegetables I am going to challenge myself to eating 70-75% of my diet plant based.

Now to move on to my main topic: finding your "fit."  I know people think I'm crazy when I say that I truly love and enjoy working out.  It's my version of "fun," I love finding what I think are my boundaries and pushing past them.  This year I have already pushed past the most I had ever squatted (170#) before (with multiple reps) and also got into bench pressing into the triple digits (I got 100# for 7 reps this weekend)!  I have NEVER done that before.  I also have added pull-ups (with no assistance) and deadlifts into my workouts on a regular basis.  It's empowering knowing I am lifting or doing things (pull-ups) that no one else will attempt.  I love looking in the mirror at my muscles and knowing that those didn't just pop up overnight.  I worked my ass off (literally) for EVERY SINGLE ONE!  I also have found my passion in teaching spin (any fitness class really).  I love pushing people into a harder workout.  I know how much it helps me to have a trainer or go to a class because it keeps me accountable; I feel like I need to push myself harder because I don't want anyone to think I'm slacking or weak.  Now I know not everyone, like me, lives for picking up the dumbbells or pouring sweat over a bike, but everyone has something they love.  Maybe it's dancing, walking your puppy, running in the backyard with your child, hiking with your family/friends/significant other.  Whatever it is, it IS active; it's exercise.  That is why when a commercial comes on for a certain gym it upsets me.  The speaker says, "Let's admit it, no one likes working out; working out sucks."  Really?!  That's your sell for your gym, everyone there hates being there?!  NO you need to get people to find something they love or are slightly interested in and make it an exercise.  It can be whatever you want as long as it gets you MOVING, SWEATING, and HEALTHY..DO IT.  I can GUARANTEE if you don't like it you WILL think working out sucks, but if you can find something you like not only will you have more fun, enjoy going to the gym (or trail), but I bet you'll lose more weight too because you're working harder.

Okay, so there's my little rant of the week!  Here's a little inspiration for the week and I will be putting this one on my mirror for the week:



Til next time and one more step closer to a hardbody,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment