Saturday, January 19, 2013

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do...

I've been dealing with some issues in my own head this past few weeks I've been training for my half marathon.  I've been afraid to admit them because I'm supposed to be the girl that lives and breathes marathons...I think I'm no longer having fun running.

Thank god my sister-in-law (fellow marathoner and best friend) texted me this morning.  She made me feel less guilty which took a huge weight off my shoulders.  She texted me, "I don't think I like running anymore."  I smiled when I read it, not because she was disappointed because maybe I wasn't crazy or alone in thinking running may no longer be my "thing."

In case you don't know already in the past year I've completed multi-sport endurance races, like a Tri.  Also, in July I started crossfit and in December I hit my one year mark for teaching spin and now teach 4x a week.  I just can't find the same joy I used to find in running that I now find in these other ventures.

I'm a little sad/mad/disappointed to see this passion of mine be put on the back burner, but for my sanity I think it will have to sit there..at least for the time being.


This is me post-Chicago Marathon.  I was crazy happy and flying in cloud 9!

Have you tried anything new? How do you feel about running?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we need that break to renew our love of something. I have run 20 marathons and always appreciate a short break from training to refocus.

    ReplyDelete