Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Me

So looking back on 2011, I can't be upset at all.  I did some amazing things and learned SOO much about myself.  I ran 2 marathons and one 1/2 marathon, watched one of my brothers get married to an amazing girl, learned SOOO much about nutrition, fitness, and my body, worked harder than I ever have before, got to work for some AMAZING people, found new job callings, and discovered what I want to do for the rest of my life (FINALLY).  AND even added another tattoo to my collection (up to 3 now)!







I'm actually quite proud of myself.  I'm such a stronger person because of all this, but I know I am no where near my potential, yet.  So, this year I have not really set a New Year's Resolution because mainly I find them counterproductive.  You end up setting this extreme goal, then after a week or even a month you haven't reached it and you end up quitting, and feel even worse than you did before the year ended.

Instead this year my goal or "resolution" is just to become a healthier, happier version of my current self. I know this sounds extremely broad and you may think I'm setting myself up for failure, but I promise I'm setting myself up for not only achievement, but greatness.
      This will take 2 steps:
             1. Eat clean from this point on.  AKA only eating foods that once had a mother or could be grown in the earth.
             2.To make myself a healthier, happier me I will make a "challenge" for myself each week.  The challenges will be both for my mental and physical health.  I feel that smaller, shorter goals are a better way at achieving your long-term goals because the results can be seen right away and completing them does not seem so daunting.



The first week challenge to a healthier, happier me will be: at least 64oz of water a day (not counting what I drink during workouts) and at least one cup of green tea, daily.  I really want to work on cleansing myself after the mess of the holidays.  During this week I will flush out all those toxins and start with a clean slate :) AND of course I will be eating clean EVERYDAY, EVERY meal.  Wish me luck!

Til next week, a new challenge, and one step closer to a hardbody,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment