Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 1 Look Back & Week 2

Week 1...CHECK!!

Okay, so far so good.  I made it through the first week of my New Year's Resolution.  I ate clean, I drank AT LEAST 64oz of water per day (not counting what I drank during cardio or lifting) and drank green tea every day.  Below is a picture of all my meals during the day. By preparing all my food before I left for the day I never had to worry about being hungry and binging on some fast food or junk food crap.
It took a little bit of time each morning, but I truly believe that this is the reasoning behind my success for clean eating.  When I get hungry I get angry and fussy and so I'll eat whatever I can find, so instead of grabbing for chips and salsa or going to Jimmy John's I had a small protein bar or chicken and veggies.  I think the water made a big difference too.  By adding more water into my diet my stomach was tricked into being full, so I wasn't mindlessly eating.  

After a great first week I can't stop now!  This next week is going to really be a struggle because I start back with classes, will be working both jobs, and still have to fit time in to exercise.  I'm going to really have to push myself to wake up early to plan out my meals, exercise early, and keep pushing myself through.  So that I do not over do it this first week back to reality I am going to keep drinking 64oz of water daily, tea daily, and I'm going to start tracking my workouts and what I eat every day.  Since I want to be healthier physically I have to push myself past limits I've never seen.  In order to go past limits you have to know where you've been.  So how do I push myself in lifts or interval sprints if I didn't know how much I benched or how fast I ran for how long the week before?  I'm not going to use any fancy fitness journals..I'm just going to use a good, old-fashioned college-ruled notebook.  I will write down what I ate, how much I ate, the calories, how long I ran or biked, and how much I lifted each day. I know it will be time consuming and may annoy me, but I know in the long run it will lead to a healthier, stronger future!  

So here's to week 2 and staying strong!



Til next week and another step closer to a hardbody,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment