Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Years Resolutioners..and more

Hey!

So I wasn't planning on writing this one because I'm not in the greatest mood and I didn't want that to rub off on anyone, but I decided NO I can't just decide to give up because I'm having a bad day.  Which I guess ties in with my first topic- New Year's Resolutioner's.  We're closing in on the end of the first month of 2012.  This is when I've noticed the largest amount of people drop their New Year's Resolutions because they haven't seen those 20lbs miraculously drop off.  I wish more people understood that by setting such high goals and expecting it to happen in less than a month is NOT possible.  Not that it is not attainable, but it should be set for maybe a 3-6 month goal.  This picture I found describes it perfectly..




So those still sticking to their goals, like me: 12 weeks is March 25..stick in there!!

Maybe this next topic is a coincidence, but I don't think it is.  I've noticed A LOT more people using books, phones, and even laptops while in the gym, on the bike, treadmill, or elliptical.  I understand that exercising can get boring, but I feel that bringing reading and/or gaming items distract from your workout and actually take away from it.  Think about it if you start focusing on that article or getting to the next level on Angry Birds, are you still paying attention to how hard you're pedaling those wheels??  So why not turn off the phone or shut that magazine and focus for 30 min and push it as hard as you can.  I guarantee you'll sweat more and work harder!

My final rant...all these damn quick fix pills, shakes, diets, etc.  I'm sorry, but they are getting to me.  I'm SO over hearing how one pill, shake, quick fix will change your life/body in 60, 80, 90 days!  Yes, they may change you in 60,80,90 days (whatever they claim), but what will they do to your heart, intestines, or stomach over the next 10 years??  Clean eating and regular exercise are the ONLY guarantees to "fix" you for the rest of your life..and guess what?? There are NO side effects (okay, maybe sore muscles, toned muscles, and healthier well being..) So PLEASE PLEASE ignore all those commercials, infomercials, and sales people that sound and look really great and claim they have the secret to your new body because guess what...they're getting PAID to sell you that idea!  Guess who else got paid to sell the idea to make a product look appealing..the Marlboro Man...he got lung cancer and died.

Okay, now that I'm done ranting about that I'll move to how my weekly goals have been going.  So this week I wanted to stick to my 5 rules for eating clean and to add more tabata into my workouts.  Well, this was my first failed week :(  I came down with a nasty cold on Wednesday!  I wasn't able to workout Thursday or Friday, Saturday was really tough to workout because I was still congested, and today I was still congested and tired and has NO appetite.  It's been tough mentally trying to push through not being able to workout, train, and not wanting to eat at all.  So, this week I'm going to try these goals again for this week- my 5 rules of clean eating and getting tabata into my workouts.  Hoping it goes better this week :)  Swimming and lifting tomorrow..YAY!! Who knew working out could make me so happy!


On a more positive note this week: I've started cooking!  Not just chicken and veggies or fish and veggies..like actual dishes!!  Thanks to eatcleandiet.com  (website based on Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet and recipe books).  People are able to post meal plans and clean recipes and thanks to those people, people like me can eat more than chicken and broccoli.  This website has given me recipes such as, Low Carb Protein Brownies, Crock Pot Oatmeal, Sweet Tuna Steak, and Spicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes..here are some pictures for your taste buds :)

Low Carb Protein Brownies

Spicy Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
If you would like any of these recipes..just let me know or if you have any good clean recipes PLEASE let me know!!  

So my assignment for myself this next week to follow my 5 rules, train for my tri, lift, and add in more tabata.  The workout parts will be easy because I love going to the gym.  It's the nutrition ones that are always the hardest, so to help me out I have planned out my meals for both Monday and Tuesday and separated, sitting in my fridge.  Below is a picture of only some of the tupperware I've used for my meals.  I know if I have my meals cooked and with me, I won't cheat or stray from my nutrition challenge for this week!
 

This isn't even half of the tupperware I've used!

Til next time and one step closer to a hardbody,
Mo

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you're staying on track despite sickness hiccups, it's clear you have the mental toughness to achieve your goals!!: ) Keep it upp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to hear how your training goes!

      Delete