Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Post Texas



I'm back from vacation! It was an amazing time and a much needed time away, but I'm glad to be back in the beautiful plains of Nebraska. Here's a short recap of what I did while in Texas: worked out on this amazing bike:

ran with my uncle, hung out with a majority of my mom's siblings and grandma, ate, and relaxed by the pool .












There was obviously some highs and lows. I'll start with the highs because there's a lot more of those.


Highs:

Even though I was on vacation I didn't stop working out, especially since my first triathlon is this coming Sunday!!! I wrote out the workouts I did on the next post, so I didn't take up so much space.

I also got to hang with my family whom I haven't seen in a few years and I got to meet my new cousin, MG. We're pretty much besties now.

Lows:

I guess the only "lows" of vacation were my bad eating and my craving for CrossFit. I didn't do terrible on eating, but I could have done better. I was really good most of the day, but where I would fall was dinner or having a dessert when I usually don't eat dessert, but they were SOO worth it. My "hiccups" were a margarita (best I've ever had), red velvet cupcake (I can't say no to those!), and soft serve yogurt.




















It definitely could have been worse and I'm not being too hard on myself because one it would get me no where and two I'm on VACATION!

 I also realized how much I love CrossFit. I was starting to miss the ability to pick up heavy (at least for me) weights and throw them down and curse without blushing. I mostly missed the atmosphere. I pushed myself this week, but it's not like when there are people cheering you one to finish or finish faster or even trying to push yourself to keep up with others in the same workout.

I'll end on that note (don't forget to check out my workouts during vacation in the next post) and leave you with some more pictures from vacation!

                 
My new camelbak that got me through my workouts
The cliffs we drive through in OK


My new buddy during vacation.  He has it so hard



No comments:

Post a Comment