Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cowtown 5K and Half Marathon

Two races in one weekend?  No run training since December?  Hey...why not?
These were my exact thoughts going into my 5K and Half Marathon race weekend in Fort Worth, TX....

Okay, so I had this AMAZING post written out and apparently my computer didn't save it.  I really don't have the energy to write it all over again, so I'll just explain it through my pictures!!



Our flight had gotten cancelled because of the snow storm from hell
They got us on the PLANE!!
Roger from Southwest got us rerouted from Omaha-Orlando-New Mexico-Dallas

We were alright with the stop in FL..we went from negative temps to 81!

We thought my sis-in-law needed some bling before we got to TX
Who doesn't want a shirt with wolves?!
During the weekend we ate at a food truck park!  Have you heard of these places?!  Well, they're pretty much the coolest thing EVER!!  My sis-in-law and I ate at the Gluten-Free truck..we both have sensitive tummies!

We didn't eat here, but had to take a pic..my dad belongs to the German American Society!

Picnic with my aunt, sis-in-law, and brother
RACE DAYS!!

Before my half..had my EnergyBits with me and took them at mile 8.  

The half and full racers!  My uncle, me, and sis-in-law did the half.  My brother rocked the full!
If you do one of the races (half, full, ultra) for 5 years in a row your medals form the Texas Star.  My uncle just did his 5th this year...here's his star!!


This may be my motivation to come back to this race!!  Other than having to deal with two snowstorms from hell while we were trying to travel back and forth from Texas, it was an AMAZING weekend.  The course was awesome, the crowd was fantastic, and not to mention hanging out with my family was great!  

Have you run any races recently?  What's your favorite?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment